Sunday, May 15, 2011

Keep Drawing In The Lines




Sometimes inspiration comes to a stop. The words that were dancing in my head seemed to have slowed down since I did the "wedding vows" for the lady at work. It is a mystery and I am awaiting something to happen.

But there seems an awakening in another form of drawing. I will see where this goes, but so far it has been satisfying. Here are some recent attempts.

The first one is a drawing I made from an  exercise I used in my instruction art book.  It is a knight on a horse. The trick was to turn the picture upside down and then draw it. My drawing was done upside down, and I had no idea what it would look like until I was done.

First the book....


and then my attempt, remember I did this upside down.


I got restless afterwards looking for something else to draw. I had gotten a hand drawn thank you card from my neighbor which looks like this.



This is what I did.


The horse I drew upside down, the man right side up. Which makes me wonder, how does drawing up-side down help the mind draw?

Anyway, not all music, or thoughts, or poems, there might be more to me to be unearthed, a lump of coal to turn into a diamond! The book does say a self portrait is in order. Must get back to work...

First Posted on R Jacob Post
December 3, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you like it!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails