Saturday, August 27, 2011

RJ-Self Portrait


Sigh, a difficult drawing for me. I still have a way to go in drawing hair. I have to learn to get the nuances of that down.

A woman's hair seems to be easier for me, more flow to it. 

It is easy to be critical of how one looks to others. I can see all the flaws. Maybe others will not. 

I will redo it down the road as my skills improve, a before and after! Maybe no double chin? lol

This is not Man Thinking, more like Man With No Thoughts! Ha Ha







As always, doing my best
time for a cup of tea

ray

8 comments:

  1. Very good R. Jacob! If you want, draw now my Swam and put it in your blog! I'll be happy to see your artwork! godd luck , it is easy! Kisses from Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,you are too kind. I will take you up on your offer and do my best. I am very honored to try.

    ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Portraits are the most challenging aspect of art. Even if there exists a likeness, the objective is more to convey the essence of the person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olga

    I agree, drawing myself, anyway. I thought about it all day and figured out how to do my hair. My own essence is hiding! But I can see it in others. I told a woman today that I would draw her. She said yes, and now we are both nervous. But I think it will come out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very lucky to be able to find a model. I'm not always so successful. I just have to bribe my daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olga

    I must confess. Each and every person I have drawn has been from a picture or photo. I am not yet good enough to have someone sit for me, but someday that will happen. Maybe I will draw you someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacob, it's not easy to capture expression. You've done it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gene Pool Diva

    You are too kind. Drawing ones self isn't easy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you like it!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails