Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Drawing Journey, Part One

Repost

Recently I decided to draw everyday at lunch time at work.
I pop in my ear buds, turn up my music and get to drawing.
I want to work from photos eventually I think, that may change.
I will see as I go.
Something parts I drew I felt good about.
When annoyed, I x-it out, or slash through it in disgust.
Most of this is done on my lunch, time flies, I don't want to get back to work.
How good will I get by years end, we will see.
I was kind of nervous doing this in front of people at first.
People do come up to see what I am doing. A few shared that they drew also.

to be continued.



building on face structure



eyes, mouth, lips


flipping through a book
I thought I could draw the drawing



practice, practice


hands must be learned


eyes, hand grasping

first posted on R Jacob Post
2-15-2011

8 comments:

  1. Phroy

    Someday a collector's item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going through the classic journey of all artists who want to learn to draw. The more you sketch, the more confident your hand becomes, and the more trained your eye. Although you must have felt it by now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. olga

    Those were posted in February. As you might see I have become bolder, jumping into the water so to speak. I do feel more confident but I stay humble knowing that there are many wonderful artists out there.

    Oh, you may have noticed that I have been adding artists of sorts to my reading list, making this an all artist blog. I am glad to add you to my list here too!

    ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous Ray! I especially like the page with the lips & eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda

    Thank you. I tried different things and after awhile I tried bigger and better things. But one has to start with the basics. I am learning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sketches. I try to draw something every day also. I mean, practice makes perfect or something lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shayla

    I haven't drawn much this week, been tired, I think I need a bit of rest, a bug going around.
    Just maybe something today. I have something started, something different for me, we will see.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you like it!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails